Company Name: Educated Recruitment Limited
Company Contact Details: Educated Recruitment Limited 57 Wolborough Street, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 1JQ
Document DP5B: Privacy Notice
Topic: Data protection
Date: 25th May 2018
Educated Recruitment is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.Educated Recruitment is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
1.Collection and use of personal data
a.Purpose of processing and legal basis
Educated Recruitment have collected your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Where we have a legitimate interest
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you
- Your consent
b.Categories of data
The Company has collected the following personal data on you:
- Name/contact details
- Proofs of address/residency, national insurance number, proof of qualification, photo ID including passport, drivers licence, birth certificate.
Sensitive personal data:
- Disability/criminal conviction
- Data relating to your health, our ability to undertake regular and ongoing status checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service and any criminal convictions
Where Educated Recruitment has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- Managing our database and keeping work-seeker records up to date
- Providing work-finding services to you and our clients
- Contacting you to seek your consent where we need it
- Giving you information about similar products or services that you have used from us recently
d.Recipient/s of data
Educated Recruitment will process your personal and sensitive data with acting using clients and the below payroll provider.
- Clients (whom we may introduce or supply you to)
- Former employers whom we may seek references from
- Named individuals you provided for seeking a reference from
- Payroll service providers who manage payroll on our behalf or other payment intermediaries whom we may introduce you to
- Your umbrella company (if you have chosen to use this option)
- Third parties which provide, host and/or support our IT systems and software (subject to appropriate security measures)
- GOV.UK, the Disclosure and Barring Service and Department for Education for performing criminal records update checks, qualification checks, teacher sanction and restriction checks and the overall protection of vulnerable groups
- Teaching Regulation Agency and Education Workforce Council to perform teacher status checks
- HMRC for audit purposes and the provision of employment and payroll information
- Pension providers
- UK Government’s Visas and Immigration and the Home Office for checking right to work status.
- Overseas criminal records agencies and law enforcement agencies if you have been resident outside of the UK in the last 5 years for at least 6 months
- Audit and accreditation providers, such as The Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
Educated Recruitment will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where Educated Recruitment have obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy. Upon expiry of that period Educated Recruitment will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal and sensitive data.
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Educated Recruitment processing your personal and sensitive data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting the Compliance Officer on 01626 201 481 or email email@example.com
4.Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact:the Compliance Officer on 01626 201 481 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.